Students will be able to describe how fruit seeds spread
Students will be able to describe how to make jam
Students will be able to state an opinion and give supporting reasons
DOWNLOAD LESSON PLANS
Pancakes: From Fruit to Jam – SL.2.2
Essential Questions addressed in the Afterschool Unit: Cock-a-doodle-doo! Making pancakes from scratch
- Why is it important to eat breakfast every day?
- What are some of your favorite breakfast foods?
- How can I cook pancakes from scratch?
- What plant does flour come from?
- What is the step-by-step process to turn wheat into flour?
- What is in an egg?
- Where does milk come from?
- How do you make butter?
- How do fruit seeds spread?
- How is jam made?
- Why should we care about farm to table?
- Where can I get healthy, affordable, local food in my community?
- Pancakes, Pancakes! by Eric Carle
- From Wheat to Bread by Kristin Thoennes Keller
- Milk: Form Cow to Carton by Aliki
- Blueberries for Sal by Robert McCloskey
- Eggs by Marilyn Singer and Emma Stevenson
- Chicks and Chickens by Gail Gibbons
- E-I-E-I-O How Old McDonald Got His Farm by Judy Sierra
- The Little Red Hen by Jerry Pinkney
- Pancakes for Breakfast by Tomie dePaola
- From Wheat to Bread by Staci Taus-Bolstad