Students will learn about the different parts of an unfertilized chicken egg.
Students will identify the parts of a hard boiled egg and use their senses to describe its details.
DOWNLOAD LESSON PLANS
Pancakes: What’s in an Egg? – RI.2.3 RI.2.4
Essential Questions addressed in the Afterschool Unit: Cock-a-doodle-doo! Making pancakes from scratch
- Why is it important to eat breakfast every day?
- What are some of your favorite breakfast foods?
- How can I cook pancakes from scratch?
- What plant does flour come from?
- What is the step-by-step process to turn wheat into flour?
- What is in an egg?
- Where does milk come from?
- How do you make butter?
- How do fruit seeds spread?
- How is jam made?
- Why should we care about farm to table?
- Where can I get healthy, affordable, local food in my community?
- Pancakes, Pancakes! by Eric Carle
- From Wheat to Bread by Kristin Thoennes Keller
- Milk: Form Cow to Carton by Aliki
- Blueberries for Sal by Robert McCloskey
- Eggs by Marilyn Singer and Emma Stevenson
- Chicks and Chickens by Gail Gibbons
- E-I-E-I-O How Old McDonald Got His Farm by Judy Sierra
- The Little Red Hen by Jerry Pinkney
- Pancakes for Breakfast by Tomie dePaola
- From Wheat to Bread by Staci Taus-Bolstad